- This event has passed.
Digital Impact Youth Internship
November 16 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm EST
Malden students interested in arts, media, design
Apply to this Internship by November 12
Urban Media Arts (UMA), in partnership with Amir Now (ANI), is excited to offer the Digital Impact Youth (DIY) Internship program.
This four week program, to start 11/16 and end 12/7, will allow six eligible Malden students (preferably ages 16-18) the chance to participate in an internship that will provide training from media/design professionals and the opportunity to apply various design and media skills to a real client situation.
This Internship requires a commitment of four Tuesdays, 3:30-5:30pm in-person at 380 Pleasant Street, Malden November 16, 23, 30, and December 7.
Students will gain:
- Access to training and mentoring from design and media professionals
- Experience working as a team to create videos
- New friendships
- The excitement of doing creative work to benefit a good cause
- Confidence in their ability to apply their skills to a real need
- The opportunity to work with a client (with support)
- Credibility and experience to possibly get work in the field – even while in school
Student requirements to apply:
- Must be able to attend all 4 sessions 3:30-5:30 on November 16, 23, 30 and December 7
- Must have one or more of the following skills: research (Internet and about the project, resources to provide to audience, facts) writing, script development, story-boarding, sketching, photo editing, video editing, communication (effectively able to communicate an idea)/public speaking/presenting.
- Must have references that can attest to their ability to commit to a program, project, or job
- Preferably applicants are 16 – 18 years
- Must attend school or live in Malden
Amir Now (ANI) is an indie full service creative and visual design firm that works to advances health + economic equity within marginalized communities.
Client project: Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) Media is an audio & visual resource hub, focused on providing families, young adults and professional who are living or serve those living with special needs with information that supports thriving, healthy & engaged families & individuals.
To apply, complete the following application by 11:59pm November 12. If you need help with it, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.