UMA is a broader organization that encompasses several key programs and offerings.
- MATV (Public, Education & Government Cable Access Channels)
- Neighborhood View – citizen journalism
- Gallery UMA – physical & virtual gallery
- Malden Reads – collaborative community reading program
- Filmbuilding – co-creative, discovery-based filmmaking
- Education – Media Arts Education workshops
- Podcasting – resources & a community of podcasters
- Arts & Culture initiatives
- UMA events
How is UMA different from MATV?
- Though still serving Malden, it will expand its reach beyond Malden, playing a more regional (not just Malden-specific) role that even connects across the globe.
- More active efforts to connect community online. We have introduced an online community component.
- Adding new staff and interns to help serve you.
- Proactively recognizing community initiatives, like Filmbuilding, and inviting new partners to collaborate with UMA.
- A new pay what you can membership model.
- More active support for community businesses and groups.
- More active research about media forms that support members.