Cable Needs Assesment Survey
City of Malden and UMA's Cable License Renewal
What's your vision for local media in Malden
now and for the next 10 years?
Malden 2021 Community Needs and Interests Survey
The City of Malden and UMA/MATV are working together to undertake a cable license renewal process that will result in renewed license agreements with Comcast and Verizon. Public input is very important to the process. We invite you and all Malden community members to complete a survey. This survey will help us gather information about community needs and interests related to cable TV. The information gathered will help to determine if existing local cable TV services and resources in Malden are adequate and appropriate, and identify changes that might be made to meet the current and future cable-related needs and interests of Malden residents and business owners.
Complete the Survey
This survey takes about 15 minutes to complete. By submitting the survey, you will become eligible to win one of four drawings for a $100 gift certificate to one of Malden’s local businesses or restaurants. Survey closes on April 15, 2021. Winners will be notified by email or phone on or prior to April 16, 2021.
Share the survey
Video produced by James Mudge with assistance from Amanda Hurley.
- Who is this survey for? Anyone over 18 who lives or works in Malden.
- Can I receive assistance completing the survey? Yes, if you require help in any way, please call 781.321.6400 ext 109 Mon-Thur 12pm-6pm. We will arrange to help you out.
- How will this information be used? Your responses will be combined with others, and the summary data will provide a basis for Malden’s upcoming negotiations for new cable TV contracts with Verizon and Comcast.
About the Cable Renewal Process
What is the Cable Renewal Process?
Once every 10 years, local governments have the opportunity to examine the past services provided by cable/video service providers and renegotiate franchise agreements. Given the enormous changes in technology and media over the past 10 years, the process of granting new franchises to Verizon and Comcast deserves serious consideration and opportunity for public input.
The cable franchise renewal process examines the past performance of Comcast and Verizon – as well as future services that citizens, schools, community groups, businesses and local government would like to include in a new cable franchise agreement.
Why is Your Participation Invaluable?
The focus groups will provide a chance for invited community members to learn about franchise renewal and provide their opinions regarding future services that could be available through the Comcast and Verizon cable systems that serves the Malden.
- Learn how the franchise renewal process that the City must conduct — and opportunities for the future.
- Hear more about community media and public, educational and government access television in Malden.
- See examples of how schools, community organizations, local government and businesses throughout the country are using modern media technology to communicate, educate and distribute information in this digital age.
- Provide your ideas through brainstorming and completing a questionnaire.
Thank you to all individuals who registered for the focus groups. Registration closed Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 11am EST. If you did not receive a confirmation with zoom link, please email email@example.com.
There are no upcoming events at this time