UMA is a fun, stimulating, and supportive community to grow in. It is also a place that thrives and develops because of the skills, energy, creativity, and contributions of our interns.
Types of Internships we offer
For Credit Internships
Interns currently enrolled in an accredited college provide UMA with valuable work hours every week in many different capacities, and in exchange our interns get experience and training in everything that makes a television station tick.
Interns will gain experience in roles that involve live cablecasting, media production, podcast editing, video editing/production, filmbuilding mentoring, set design, marketing projects, and more. Interns will have access to free training and education.
Interns with proven skill, experience, and initiative will be considered for paid opportunities for various projects. Many of our interns have moved from credit to unpaid to paid to even staff positions.
UMA currently has some specific roles it is trying to fill. Check these out!
- Gain media, project organization, collaboration and people skills
- Be part of an important mission – to build community through media
- Get to know some amazing people
- Add to your portfolio – to be more marketable in the future
- Build your professional network
- Because its fun