- This event has passed.
State of the City Address Premiere
March 1 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EST
On March 1, Urban Media Arts (UMA) will premiere the State of the City Address on Youtube and the local Public and Government Channels. The Address will also be available on YouTube following March 1.
Multilingual translations are not available for the Public and Government broadcasts. Subtitles in various languages for the YouTube stream are available with the YouTube Closed Captioning and auto translation feature. See instructions below.
How to View Address on March 1 at 6pm
- Go to YOUTUBE from any device. For commenting features, you must log in to your YouTube account (also known as your gmail account).
- On the MATV Government channel, available on channel 22 for Comcast subscribers and channel 26 for Verizon subscribers.
- On the MATV Public channel, available on channel 3 for Comcast subscribers and channel 28 for Verizon subscribers.
Though the Address will not be held in person, it can be viewed in community virtually, by tuning in to the Youtube Live stream, or by viewing it at a watch party hosted online or at a local restaurant, business, or home on March 1 or following.
If you host a watch party and would like us to publicize it, feel free to fill out this form. We will publicize your watch party on our website, social media, and newsletter.
How to Use YouTube Closed Captioning (CC)
Make sure CC is turned on. Click on wheel for settings. Click on English for other language options.
Instructional videos: (In English); (In Portuguese); (In Haitian Creole); (In Spanish); (In Chinese with plugin option); (In Vietnamese)
Frequently asked questions
- Will the video be available after March 1? Yes, absolutely. It will be on the City and UMA’s YouTube channel. The City and UMA will publicize access to it following the premiere date on March 1.
- Will there be translations of the Mayor’s address? On March 1, translation will be available using the YouTube captioning. Details about translations will be provided here by Wednesday, February 23.
- Will there be any locations hosting the viewing March 1? We will publicize viewing parties on our website, social media, and newsletter.
- Can I host a watch party after March 1? yes. You can host one any time you wish after March 1.
Flyers to Download
Translated versions forthcoming
- March 1, 6pm – UMA/MATV YouTube – Virtual. Registration not needed. Log in to your gmail/YouTube account to use comment features.
- NOTE: Various screenings with interpretation in multiple languages will be scheduled through in the coming weeks.